Leaky Gut & Bum Biotics
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired? Do you think you have the leaky gut syndrome?
What is taking place in your intestines today is determining your risk for many health-related symptoms.
- Have you taken antibiotics?
- Were you not nursed by your mother in the first month of your life?
- Were you a Cesarian delivery?
- If you answered no to these questions above, then you do not have the proper gut flora or microbiome.
The microbiome determines inflammation, autism, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, coronary heart disease, and cancer. The two major groups of bacteria are Firmicutes and Bacteroidetes, which make up 80% of the total gut bacteria. A minimum of 80% of your immune system exists in your large intestine High levels of Firmicutes are associated with obesity, diabetes, and inflammation.
Unfortunately, our Standard American Diet (SAD) has to lead us to higher rates of inflammatory diseases. The microbiome is destroyed by antibiotic exposure. The microbiome is important in detoxification and immunity.
How Did I Get A Leaky Gut
- Pro-Inflammatory Foods or hidden Food Intolerances
- Chronic Stress
- A Lack of Healthy Gut Bacteria
- An Overload of Toxins in Your System
Summary Leaky gut, or increased intestinal permeability, occurs when the tight junctions of your intestinal walls loosen. This may allow harmful substances, such as bacteria, toxins, and undigested food particles, to pass into your bloodstream.
How Do You Repair a Leaky Gut?
The very first place everyone should begin is by following the 4R approach:
Remove from your diet. Such as gluten, dairy, corn, soy, and eggs, also ditch toxic foods including sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. grains, added sugar, GMOs, refined oils, synthetic food additives, and conventional dairy products. The top toxic exposures to eliminate are tap water, pesticides, NSAIDS, and antibiotics — but remember to always consult with your physician if he or she has prescribed these for you.
You’ll also want to eliminate any gut infections you have, whether caused by Candida overgrowth, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), or parasites.
Replace these foods with gut-healing foods
The following foods are great options for improving your digestive health:
- Vegetables: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, arugula, carrots, kale, eggplant, beetroot, Swiss chard, spinach, ginger, mushrooms, and zucchini
- Roots and tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, carrots, squash, and turnips
- Fermented vegetables: kimchi, sauerkraut, tempeh, and miso
- Fruit: coconut, grapes, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, oranges, mandarin, lemon, limes, passionfruit, and papaya
- Sprouted seeds: chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and more
- Gluten-free grains: buckwheat, amaranth, rice (brown and white), sorghum, teff, and gluten-free oats
- Healthy fats: avocado, avocado oil, coconut oil, MCT oil, and extra virgin olive oil
- Herbs and spices: all herbs and spices
- Cultured dairy products: kefir, yogurt, Greek yogurt, and traditional buttermilk
- Beverages: bone broth, teas, coconut milk, nut milk, water, and kombucha
- Nuts: raw nuts, including peanuts, almonds, and nut-based products, such as nut milk
Summary A whole food plant-based diet that promotes digestive health should focus on fibrous vegetables, fruits, fermented vegetables, cultured dairy products, probiotics, Kiefer from coconut, coconut yogurts healthy fats from healthy nuts and grains.
Symptoms Of Leaky Gut You Need To Be Aware Of-Leaky Gut Syndrome Checklist?
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis
- New allergies, food sensitivities, and food intolerances
- Digestive symptoms, including bloating, constipation, diarrhea, or bowel irregularity (which are often diagnosed as “irritable bowel syndrome” or IBS)
- Candida overgrowth
- Irritable Bowel Diseases, such as Celiac Disease, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis
- Autoimmune disease, including Hashimoto’s and rheumatoid arthritis
- Depression and anxiety
- Hormonal imbalances, including PMS and estrogen dominance
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Brain fog
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Difficult weight loss (despite eating healthy)
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
The World Health Organization has characterized antibiotic resistance as one of the top two health concerns worldwide, due to overexposure to antibiotic s.99% of the DNA in your body is contained in the bacteria that live in your intestine. Inflammation comes from your gut and leads to disease in the body. One solution is probiotics from foods that we eat, these foods are rich in fiber and enhance the growth of good bacteria. By targeting gut bacteria we see powerful changes in your moods and in inflammation-causing dis-ease. We are now treating brain disorders, dementia, autism, skin issues, and asthma by restoring gut bacteria or the microbiome. According to Dr. David Perlmutter, neurologist and author of “Brain Maker” ( a must-read) “Your body is colonized by microorganisms that modulate every aspect of your health and physiology. Neurochemicals, Dopamine, and Serotonin are manufactured by your gut bacteria, along with vitamins that are important for brain function and health.
WE PRACTICE FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE; FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE FOCUSES ON IDENTIFYING AND ADDRESSING THE ROOT CAUSE OF DISEASE.
Wellness on The Sea we believe WHOLE is an acronym (Welcoming Healthy Organic Lifestyle Empowerment) – Ocean Robbins. We believe eating a plant-based diet is a form of self-respect, and at Wellness on the Sea, we take this very seriously.
All of us at Wellness on The Sea, we take a proactive approach to your health rather than reactive approach.
By identifying each symptom, we can find the contributing cause to an individual’s illness. And our ultimate goal is to bring your body back to homeostasis or balance. We really focus on degenerative and chronic conditions we are traditional medicine falls short, after identifying the root cause we treat our clients as a whole rather than parts or symptoms.
We have a mind-body spiritual and whole lifestyle approach to wellness, for those healthy-minded individuals that want to come on board relax and take the stress off your schedules and have FUN.
† Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using our products.